WHAT OR WHO IS MAN? A god! Psalms 82:6-7
In the context of salvation, there are two kinds of man: one who can hear the voice of his Brother Jesus (Heb 2:11-12) unto salvation and one who rather listens to religious falsehood for his damnation.
The man who can hear the voice of Jesus must nevertheless overcome to be saved (John 10:16, 27; Revelation 2:26-27, 3:20-21, 12:11) not just believe in Jesus as it the case for the contemporary Jews of the time of Jesus (Galatians 2:16) who did not or could not understand that, with Jesus, the blood of the animals in the rituals at the Temple can no longer justify them every year on the day of atonement (Leviticus 23:26-32).
The man who embraces falsehood (2 Timothy 4:1-4) will be damned if he does not repent (Mark 7:7, 16:16, 2 Thessalonians 2:6-12).
(6) I said, Ye are gods, And all of you sons of the Most High.
(7) Nevertheless ye shall die like men, And fall like one of the princes. Cf. John 10:34-36
Genesis 6:5 ASV
(5) And Jehovah saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. Cf. Jeremiah 4:14.
Hebrews 2:11-12 ASV
(11) For both he that sanctifieth and they that are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,
(12) saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, In the midst of the congregation will I sing thy praise.